1) When do I feel that my life is most meaningful?
2) What would bring me more happiness than anything else in the world?
3) What are my three most significant achievements in the past year?
4) What are my biggest mistakes in the past year?
5) What project or goal, if left undone, will I most regret a year from now?
6) If I knew I couldn’t fail, what would I undertake to accomplish?
7) What are my three major goals in life? What practical steps can I take in the next two months toward these goals?
8) What is the most important decision I need to make this year?
9) What important decision did I avoid making last year?
10) What kind of person do I want to be one year from now?
11) What kind of person do I want to be five years from now?
12) Over the last year, did my most important relationships become closer and deeper, or was there a sense of stagnation and drifting?
13) What can I do to nurture those relationships this year?
14) If I could change only one thing about myself, what would it be?
15) Are there any ideals I would be willing to die for?
16) If I could live my life over, what would I change?
17) What do I want written on my tombstone? And how do I begin living that way now?
-ADAPTED FROM “ROSH HASHANAH/YOM KIPPUR SURVIVAL KIT” BY RABBI SHIMON APISDORF and Ritualwell.org